Tuesday, June 19, 2012

First Cookbook

The first cookbook we decided to do is called "The America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook."* Each of us will choose two recipes to do throughout the week. And then we will pick one at random. 

Here are the recipes we chose:
    - Pasta Salad with Summer Vegetables (p. 92)  (Sheila here: I chose this one because it sounded tasty,  meets my goal of increasing the amount of vegetables I eat, and because it looked like something that would be easy to adjust and reuse often.)
    - Potato and Kale Soup (p. 99) (I, Kate, chose this dish because it sounded and looked mighty tasty. Also because kale has lots of calcium, which I need more of.)
    - Poached Salmon with Herb and Caper Vinaigrette (p. 216) (Sheila here: I chose this one because I want to learn to cook seafood, and this one doesn't need the oven.)
    - 
    - The Random Selection for this book is. . .Drumroll please. . . . Grilled Chicken Fajitas (p. 368)


*Eds. The Editors at America's Test Kitchen. The America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook. Brookline: America's Test Kitchen, 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Kate hasn't picked her second recipe yet. That's why the line is blank. . . I wonder what it will be.

    ReplyDelete