The Poached Salmon was wonderful. My main error was using a white wine I had without checking to see if it was "dry." The sauce was great, but everyone agreed it was too sweet. We also used a high quality raw honey, which may have contributed to the overly sweet sauce as well. Poaching salmon is not nearly as difficult as I expected it to be. Kate may have taken a photo, but I did not. If she did I'll have her post it later.
I made brown rice, fried rice with bacon, and teriyaki chicken and vegetables last night, but no recipe needed as it's a stand by around here and I used bottled sauce. One thing I did differently this time was to make a smaller amount of the stir fry. We like it, but we always have leftovers, and it is so different the next day that no one really looks forward to eating it. Making less worked quite well. I also blanched the carrots, a technique we used last week as a part of another recipe, which made them cook in the same amount of time as the other vegetables in the stir fry. I also used the liquid from the carrots in the rice. Maybe saved some nutrients??
I miss cooking with Kate.
Kate is on a local Missions Trip with Messiah Episcopal's Youth Group this week, so we haven't been cooking together. I will probably cook a few more things from last week's book because I have been enjoying most of the recipes so far. We never did get to the chicken fajitas, and I found a recipe for biscotti that looks yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment